Conquer the ultimate challenge with Mount Kilimanjaro hiking. Embark on a breathtaking journey to the roof of Africa, where snow-capped peaks and stunning vistas await. Trek through diverse landscapes, from lush rainforests to alpine meadows, and push yourself to new heights.
Day 1: Nairobi - Arusha
After your breakfast you will be picked from your hotel by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris driver and transferred to the booking office for Arusha Shuttles. After which you will leave Nairobi for Arusha by shuttle bus arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon spent at leisure. Dinner and overnight in an Arusha Hotel.
- Main destination: Arusha
- Accommodation: The Charity Hotel - Mid Range Hotel in Arusha
- Meals & drinks: All meals & drinking water included (Other drinks not included)
Day 2: Umbwe Gate (1800m) - Bivouac (first) camp (2940m)
After breakfast you will be driven to the Umbwe Gate at 1800m passing through villages with coffee and banana plantations. On arrival at the park gate your guide and porters will meet you and hike for around five hours to Bivouac Camp, The path offers some spectacular views of deep gorges and if you are lucky, glimpses of Kilimanjaro towering above you in the distance. The camp is perched between huge trees and thick undergrowth. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 3: Bivouac Camp (2940m) - Barranco camp (3950m)
After breakfast start your six hours hiking to Barranco Camp. Shortly after leaving the camp the forest starts thinning and is replaced by rockier terrain, sparser undergrowth and straggly, moss-covered trees. The path continues along a narrow but spectacular ridge. The path then flattens as you approach Barranco Valley. From the Umbwe ridge the route descends slightly to the Barranco camp. The camp is situated in the valley below the great Barranco wall, which should provide you with a memorable sunset while you wait for your dinner.
Day 4: Barranco camp (3950m) - Lava Tower (4630m) - Arrow Glacier Camp (4800m)
After breakfast you will start your hike towards Lava Tower, a famous landmark on Kilimanjaro. The path is steep and rocky. From Lava Tower you turn towards the Western Breach, a steep climb to Arrow Glacier camp (4800m). The campsite is very cold and you need to be prepared. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
Day 5: Arrow Glacier (4800m) - Crater (5700m)
After breakfast we start a five hours hike to the crater floor (5700m). On reaching the crater rim, you will be astonished by the view of snow and glaciers. Walk past this glacier to the Crater camp situated at the crater rim. If time permits, you can climb to the Ash Pit (1 ? hour). The Ash Pit is 340m across, 120m deep and is one of the most perfect-formed examples in the world. The campsite is very cold as snow might occur.
Day 6: Summit Attempt
You will rise around 04:00 and after some tea and biscuits hike into the early morning darkness. From the crater floor you will probably encounter snow all the way on your 2-hour ascent to Uhuru Peak. Time spend on the summit will depend on the weather conditions. The walk to Barafu camp from the summit, takes about 3 hours. Here you will have a well earned but short rest, before heading down to Millennium camp (3100m). The route is not difficult and will take you down the rock and scree path into the moorland and eventually into the forest. Dinner, and washing water will be provided as well as drinking water
Day 7: Mweka camp (3100m)- Mweka Gate (1980m)
After an early and well-deserved breakfast, it is a 5-hour scenic hike back to the park gate. This is also where successful climbers receive their summit certificates. Those climbers who reached Stella Point (5685m) are issued with green certificates and those who reached Uhuru Peak (5895m) receive gold certificates. From the Mweka gate you will continue down into the Mweka village, normally a muddy 3 km (1 hour) hike. In the Mweka village you will be served a delicious hot lunch!! You will then drive back to Moshi for a long overdue hot shower and celebrations!! Overnight in a hotel.
Day 8: Arusha - Nairobi
After breakfast, leave for Nairobi by morning or afternoon shuttle bus. Transfer to a Nairobi Hotel or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home
TOTAL COST PER PERSON IS USD$ 2976 (MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 1190
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)