Conquer the ultimate challenge with Mount Kilimanjaro hiking. Embark on a breathtaking journey to the roof of Africa, where snow-capped peaks and stunning vistas await. Trek through diverse landscapes, from lush rainforests to alpine meadows, and push yourself to new heights.
Day 1: Nairobi - Arusha
After your breakfast you will be picked from your hotel by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris driver and transferred to the booking office for Arusha Shuttles. After which you will leave Nairobi for Arusha by shuttle bus arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon spent at leisure. Dinner and overnight in an Arusha Hotel.
- Main destination: Arusha
- Accommodation: The Charity Hotel - Mid Range Hotel in Arusha
- Meals & drinks: All meals & drinking water included (Other drinks not included)
Day 2: Marangu Gate (1980m) - Mandara hut (2700m)
You will drive from Moshi to the Kilimanjaro National park gate. The journey passes through the village of Marangu, which is located on the lower slopes of the mountain. Once you reach the park gate, you will sign in at the park office and make your final preparations for the climb. Porters will be seen arranging and loading their packs, containing the food, water, cooking gas as well as most of your equipment. You will then leave the park gate and ascend on a cleared ridge trail through the rain forest. Your first night stop, Mandara hut.
Day 3: Mandara hut (2700m) - Horombo hut (3720m)
From Mandara hut the trail passes through a short stretch of forest, then skirts the base of the Maundi Crater and then emerges into the transition from rain forest to moorland. After about 6 hours from here you reach the Horombo hut, where you will have hot washing water, rest, an evening meal and overnight.
Day 4: Horombo hut (3720m) - Acclimatisation day
This extra day and night at Horombo is for additional acclimatisation. A hike towards the Mawenzi hut, passing the Zebra Rocks on the way is strongly recommended. This hike will further assist with the process of acclimatisation. Retire to bed early and get a last good night's rest.
Day 5: Horombo hut (3720m) - Kibo hut (4700m)
After breakfast you now continue your ascend into the Alpine desert habitat. From Horombo there are two trails to the "Saddle" (which refers to the area located between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo). There is an upper route (right hand) and lower route (left hand) to choose from. The upper route will be very familiar, as you will have climbed most of it the previous day towards Mawenzi hut. It is very stony and eroded. The recommended lower route is much easier and nearly an hour, and it also passes the last water point at 4130m. Go to bed at round about 1900hrs and try to get as much rest and sleep as possible.
Day : Summit Attempt
You will rise around 2330hrs, and after some tea and biscuits you shuffle off into the night, the trail consists of a rocky path to the Hans Meyer Cave (5150m). The path then zigzags up to Gillman's point (5 681m), From Gillmans Point you will normally encounter snow all the way up to Uhuru peak (5895m), the highest point in Africa. Weather conditions on the summit will determine how long you will be able to spend, taking photographs, before the 3 hour descent back to Kibo hut.
Day 7 Horombo hut (3720m) - Marangu Gate (1980m)
After breakfast you continue your descent (6 hours), passing the Mandara hut down to the Marangu gate. At Marangu gate you sign your name and details in a register. This is also where successful climbers receive their summit certificates. Those climbers who reached Gillman's Point (5685m) are issued with green certificates and those who reached Uhuru Peak (5895m), receive gold certificates. You now drive back to Moshi for a long over due hot shower, Dinner and Overnight in a hotel.
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast, leave for Nairobi by morning or afternoon shuttle bus. Transfer to a Nairobi Hotel or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home.
Price: USD 2976 per Person (MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 1190
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)