Conquer the ultimate challenge with Mount Kilimanjaro hiking. Embark on a breathtaking journey to the roof of Africa, where snow-capped peaks and stunning vistas await. Trek through diverse landscapes, from lush rainforests to alpine meadows, and push yourself to new heights.
Day 1: Arrival - Arusha
After your breakfast you will be picked from your hotel by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris driver and transferred to the booking office for Arusha Shuttles. After which you will leave Nairobi for Arusha by shuttle bus arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon spent at leisure. Dinner and overnight in an Arusha Hotel.
- Main destination: Arusha
- Accommodation: The Charity Hotel - Mid Range Hotel in Arusha
- Meals & drinks: All meals & drinking water included (Other drinks not included)
Day 2: Rongai Gate (1950m) - 1st Caves camp (2600m)
After breakfast you will be transferred to Rongai gate. Meet your guide and porters before you begin your hike from the Naro Moru village. You will have a gentle hike with beautiful scenes. The first night's camp is at First Cave, at about 2,600 metres.
Day 3: 1st Cave (2600m) - Kikelewa Cave (3600m)
The trail continues up towards Kibo, passing Second Cave (3450m) en-route, and reaching Kikelwa Cave at about 3600 metres. Overnight at 3rd Cave camp ( Kikelewa Caves ).
Day 4: Kikelewa Cave (3600) - Mawenzi Tarn camp (4330m)
A short but steep climb up grassy slopes offers superb views of this wilderness area. The vegetation zone ends shortly before you reach your next camp at Mawenzi Tarn. Spend the afternoon acclimatizing and exploring the area.
Day 5: Mawenzi Tarn camp (4330m) - Kibo hut (4700m)
Continue ascending on the east side of Kibo crossing the saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo taking 4 to 5 hours to reach Kibo Hut. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent, which begins around midnight. Overnight at Kibo Camp
Day 6: Summit Attempt
Kibo hut (4700m) - Uhuru Peak (5895m) - Horombo hut (3720m)
You will rise around 2330 hours, and after some tea and biscuits you shuffle off into the night. The first section of the trail consists of a rocky path to the Hans Meyer Cave (5150m), The path then zigzags up to Gillman's point (5 681m), which is located on the crater rim. This section is very steep with a lot of stone scree, requiring a great physical and mental effort. From Gillman's Point you will normally encounter snow all the way up to Uhuru peak (5895m), the highest point in Africa. Weather conditions on the summit will determine how long you can spend, taking photographs before the 3-hour descent back to Kibo hut. After a short rest you gather all your gear for the ascent and head down to Horombo hut (3 hours) where you will overnight. The return to Horombo hut will seem surprisingly fast compared to the ascent. Later in the evening you enjoy your last dinner on the mountain and well-earned sleep, filled with memories and stirring emotions.
Day 7: Horombo hut (3720m) - Marangu Gate (1980m)
After breakfast you continue your hike down (6 hours), passing the Mandara hut, down to the Marangu gate. At Marangu gate you sign your name and details in a register. This is also where successful climbers receive their summit certificates. Those climbers who reached Gillman's Point (5685m) are issued with green certificates and those who reached Uhuru Peak (5895m) receive gold certificates. You now drive back to Moshi for a long overdue hot shower, dinner and celebrations!! Overnight in a hotel.
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast, leave for Nairobi by morning or afternoon shuttle bus. Transfer to a Nairobi Hotel or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home.
Price: USD 2976 per Person (MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 1190
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)