In this captivating journey to Mount Kenya, prepare to be captivated by the wild, the mighty, and the unseen. Step into a realm where nature reigns supreme. Traverse lush forests teeming with elusive creatures, their vibrant calls echoing through the ancient trees. Marvel at the ethereal beauty of glacial valleys, adorned with shimmering lakes that reflect the towering peaks in all their glory. The landscape evolves with each step, revealing a visual masterpiece crafted by the forces of time and nature.
Day 01: Depart Nairobi at 08.00 am and transferred by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris driver to Mount Kenya area via Nanyuki town. After picking up the porters and your guide proceed to Sirimon gate on the North West of the mountain. Picnic lunch will be provided and there after make a 3 hours walk to Old Moses Hut 3300m for dinner and overnight.
Day 02: Early breakfast and there after start the walk to Shipton's camp. The walk takes 6-7 hours with a scenic view of the peaks - Pt. Nelion & Pt. Batian through Mackinder's Valley. Arrive Shipton's camp 4200m in the early afternoon for a rest and dinner / overnight. Picnic lunch will be served enroute.
Day 03: After breakfast, make an anti-clockwise summit circuit of the peaks via Kami Hut at Hausburgs' col. to Mackinder's camp 4200m. The walk takes 4-5 hours. Lunch, dinner and overnight at Mackinder's camp.
Day 04: Pre-dawn attempt point Lenana via Austrian hut. The walk to Point Lenana 4985m takes 3-4 hours depending on individuals pace. Later on descend to Mackinder's for breakfast and there after descend further to Met Station on Naro Moru Route for dinner and overnight.
Day 05: After breakfasts descend further to Naro Moru Park gate to meet with vehicle to drive to Nairobi where your safari with Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris ends
Price: USD 1340 per Person (MINIMUM OF 2 PERSONS)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 536
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)