Delve into the wonders of Kenya's renowned Masai Mara National Reserve and embark on a captivating 2-day Masai Mara Safari . Departing from Nairobi, you'll be transported into the heart of the African savannah. Experience exhilarating game drives, seeking out the iconic Big Five and marveling at the abundant wildlife that roams freely in this vast wilderness. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking landscapes, from rolling plains to meandering rivers, while witnessing the circle of life unfold before your eyes. With comfortable accommodations and knowledgeable guides, this safari promises a truly immersive and unforgettable encounter with the untamed beauty of Masai Mara.
Day 1: Nairobi - Masai Mara
After breakfast you will be picked by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris driver-guide. Thereafter you will be driven through the distinct escarpments into the Great Rift Valley where you will have an opportunity to take obviously high quality photos from the vantage and strategic Rift Valley view point. You will enjoy your lunch en route as you continue with your drive to Maasai Mara National reserve via Narok town, the authentic homeland of the Maasai tribe. The proud, young and brave Maasai warriors Morans with their plaited hair, red cloaks, and spears, will certainly challenge your curiosity. This 700-square-mile Game Reserve is the African theatre of your dreams; complete with wide range of wild animals grazing amid the superb rolling landscapes surrounded by gentle hills and acacia woodlands. On arrival you will take some rest and then enjoy an evening game drive in the reserve led by Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris expert guide. Later you shall proceed back to your lodge before dark in readiness for a delightful dinner and oversight stay.
- Main Destination: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Accommodation: Giraffe Hills Mara camp
- Meals & Drinks: All meals included Drinking water
Day 2: Masai Mara -Nairobi
Optional: Today there will be a high possibility and an exciting opportunity to take a hot air balloon ride. You will take off very early in the morning, in a buoyant hot air balloon into the skies for the ultimate Maasai Mara wildlife adventure. Like an eagle you will soar over herds of game to the inner reaches of the Mara. You'll ascend in the early morning, when winds are calmest. Watch as the professional crew fills the flaccid balloon with hot air.
Slowly the gigantic, colorful bag begins to bulge and take shape. You will hold your breath aboard the traditional wicker gondola basket while the expert pilot makes final adjustments. As the pink and red fireball of the sun rises in splendor over the plains, you're up, up and away - for the flight of a lifetime! Your balloon can soar over the most inaccessible and undisturbed parts of the Mara, with only the intermittent whisper of the balloon's gas burners punctuating the silence of your majestic flight.
Because wind and weather conditions vary, every flight presents a completely new and unique experience! From your vantage point about 50-500 feet above the reserve, you have a fantastic 360-degree bird's-eye view of the most dramatic scenes in nature as they unfold beneath you. Depending on the season, you might witness exasperatingly delicate herd of antelopes flowing like schools of fish across the plain, groups of elephants grazing undisturbed in a remote ravine, lionesses stealthily stalking a herd of grunting wildebeest, or zebras conferring in a confusion of black and white stripes and bark-like calls.
After your incredible flight, it's time to come back down to earth for breakfast. As you sip champagne and dig into a splendid breakfast of sizzling bacon, eggs, sausage, home-made breads, fresh tropical fruit and steaming cups of Kenyan coffee or tea under the clear blue sky, you might wonder what all the ordinary people are doing on this perfect African morning! Before leaving, the pilot will present you with your balloon flight certificate. You can be sure that after this experience that no flight can match this airborne experience!
After the spectacular balloon ride you will continue with your game drive in Masai Mara in search of the big five and other animals. You will continue with your game drive till mid-morning when you will leave for Nairobi. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your hotel or to the airport for your flight home or to the next destination. This will mark the end of your trip with Super Africa Wildlife Adventure Safaris.
Note: This Hot Air Balloon ride will be offered at a very special price if booked together with the safari.
If you are NOT doing Balloon ride:
After your breakfast you will leave with your picnic lunch for a full day game drive in the reserve in search of the big five as well as other numerous plain animals. You will have a lunch break in the reserve after which continue with your game drive till evening when you will return to your campsite for dinner and overnight. You will have an opportunity to see Lion, Cheetah and Leopard roam the vast grasslands in search for their next meal, it may be an unsuspecting impala or even a small one like the warthog.whatever the players, the spectacle of nature unfolding is always awe inspiring!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TOUR - SEE YOU ON THE ROAD .......
TOTAL COST PER PERSON FOR DAYS IS USD$$ 536 (MINIMUM OF 2 PEOPLE)
NOTE: SOLO TRAVELER PAYS EXTRA SINGLE SUPPLEMENT OF USD$ 214
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- AMREF (Travel insurance) Flying doctors services in East Africa. (In case of emergency)
- All meals noted in the itinerary. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes.
- Transportation in standard game viewing safari vehicle complete with pop-up roof for easy viewing and photography
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture safaris.
- A minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each 4x4 Toyota Hiace minivan carries safari accessories including window sills, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies and fees
- Pick up and drop off transfers
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- International airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Personal needs
- Tips and gratuities for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, parks, attractions and events not included in your itinerary
- Rain jackets, hand cloves
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Masai Mara (USD$ 475 Per Person)
- Masai Village Visit (US$ 20 Per Person)
- Boat Ride in Lake Naivasha (US$ 30 Per Person)